Cannot activate on new Windows install

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Hal242

Cannot activate on new Windows install

Post by Hal242 »

Hi, I deactivated my installation and it reverted to expired trial, as expected. Then I performed a clean installation of Windows. Next, I tried to install PowerShell Studio, this went fine.. but then I try to activate using my license and it tells me that I have 'invalid user name and password combination'.

It's the same username and password I have been using all along and the one I am using to access and post to this forum... How can I activate my installation?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Cannot activate on new Windows install

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I can see that there have been multiple attempts with your user id, but I can only tell that the password was considered not correct.
I will forward this to the web folks to investigate.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
josephs

Post by josephs »

Hi Hal,
I investigated the issue and it does seem to be a password problem. Unfortunately, we cannot view the password to determine the exact cause. Below I have provided a link for a password reset, create a new password and omit any of the special characters used in the previous one (as this may be the issue). Then attempt another activation. I will be waiting to assist you further if this doesn't solve the issue.

Password Reset : www.sapien.com/store/index.php?route=account/forgotten
Hal242

Post by Hal242 »

Thanks, that was it. I had some characters which were not allowed. Activated successfully.
This topic is 4 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.