Vista 64 Powershell

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
aad.noman@c2ict.com

Vista 64 Powershell

Post by aad.noman@c2ict.com »

hi there, On my Vista 64 machine i installed powershell which is now available, i use the lastest version of primalscript. When i create a powershell script in primalscript i have 2 problems.
1) when i scroll through my script it is extremly slow.
2) When i run a powershell script i get the message (Runtime Error! bla bla) and primalscript crashes.

It seems that only powershell scripts have these problems

Can you tell me what the problem is. Is it the 64 bit of Vista or is powershell Vista not yet supported in primal script.

Thanks

Aad Noman
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Vista 64 Powershell

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We have not yet had a chance to test and evaluate either Vista 64 nor Powershell for Vista 64.

You should probably go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - PrimalSense
and set "Connect to Windows PowerShell" to"Never".
(Restart PrimalScript after that)
This will prevent PrimalScript from trying to connect a 32 bit .NET component to the 64 bit shell on your machine, which is most likely the cause of these problems.

PrimalSense for PowerShell then will be provided out of static tables which
*may* not contain *all* cmdlets available to you at that platform.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.