Find In Files loses usefulness

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
andreolia@central.ca

Post by andreolia@central.ca »

In Primalscript 4.1 the results of (Find In Files) now appear at the bottom of the IDE. But we have lost 1 very important capability. We cannot hit ENTER to view the page of the results. We now have to double-click with the mouse AND we lose our place. When their are many Find-In-Files results this becomes a pain when we need to verify or edit based on those results because we lose our place in the Find-In_Files results lists when we double-click to view/edit result after result.

In ver 4.0 the results were sent to a Tabbed Page and all we had to do was hit the enter key, edit/view the newly opened page, close the page(brings us back to the Find-In-Files results page, then down arrow once to the next Find-In-Files result and hit the enter key to view/edit the next Find-In-Files results. Very Convenient and Very Fast when having to verify/edit many Find-In-Files pages!

In 4.1 we cant even tab down to the Find-In-Files results page to see where we left off. I hope Sapien fixes this soon (maybe add it as an setting in Tools/Options to optionally use the TAB for the Find-In-Files results, like in 4.0).

For now I will continue to use 4.0.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you for your input.

We have plans to re-design the functionality of the find results page in the next version.

So you input is very welcome and important.

Thanks,
Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

(ahem) Alex...I may have mentioned something about the Find In Files before :)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Oh yeah I know and I kept your emails around.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.