Function List sort order

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nerfps1

Function List sort order

Post by nerfps1 »

Product, version and build: Powershell studio 2016 (latest)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10 1511
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Hi,

I'm ready to purchase this software, however I will not until you offer me an option to sort the Functions list in the order that they show in the script. I find it extremely annoying that the functions are sorted alphabetically and I cannot find an option to sort in the order that they are on the script.

Let me know if a quick fix can be provided or I will not purchase the product.

I am impressed with what it offers (my Notepad++ falls short but shows my functions are listed in the order I prefer).

Thank you.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Function List sort order

Post by davidc »

That this time there isn't an option to change the sorting of the functions, but I will add a feature request to the wish list.

Out of curiosity, why is the function ordering such a deal breaker?

FYI, you can use [Shift + F12] to jump to the next function in your script.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
nerfps1

Post by nerfps1 »

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've seen several other posts with "we'll add it to the list" from 2012 and they still have not been implemented. Thsi is the only deal-breaker for me.

I guess that I'll continue using Notepad++.

I have many scripts that are thousands of lines long with 50+ functions. Seeing the natural order of the functions lets me follow the flow of the script. Sometimes i know that a function is in a position of the script, but don't recall its name; an dyes, I use verbs to organize them, etc.

thank you
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We do add and maintain customer requests in a list. However, that does not always mean this gets implemented. I hope you can appreciate that we cannot jump every which direction to accommodate each single individual.
Thank you for your explanation though, it makes it easier for us to understand why this is important to you.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.