Variablesexplorer does not show variables

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stefanschuster

Variablesexplorer does not show variables

Post by stefanschuster »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2016 V5.2.131
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 Bit
Operating system: Win 8.1 Pro Build 9600 German
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 Bit

Hi,

i do not succeed to show my variables in the variablesexplorer. The attachment shows how i create the variable $test and assign the string "text" to it. Then i run $test and the result is (as expected) the output "test".
I hoping that PowerShell Studio will show my $test in the variable explorer. But it does not. It shows no variables, no matter if i select "show all variables", "user variables only" or "powershell variables only". Search test does not show any results (not sure if it does not search or it does not have anything to search in it).

Sorry for my bad english...

I hope you can help me :)

Best regards,
Stefan
Attachments
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (61.42 KiB) Viewed 6310 times
DevinL

Re: Variablesexplorer does not show variables

Post by DevinL »

The Variables Explorer is for use while debugging, so that when you hit a breakpoint, it becomes populated with the current variables.

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean:
Variable_Explorer.png
Variable_Explorer.png (143.79 KiB) Viewed 6299 times
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.