IntelliSense not working consistently for user defined variables

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ErnieB

IntelliSense not working consistently for user defined variables

Post by ErnieB »

Product, version and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product:
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS:

Hello

I am experiencing the following problem with is driving me nuts as it is one of the things used most widely when creating scripts

when opening a previously saved script or creating a new script several times the intelli-sense has either stopped working or does not work for user defined variables but it is intermittent so do not know what is going on

for example, if I have a script that may variables defined like $MyVar1 = 100 and $MyVar2 = 30 (amoung others)

Later on in the script, if I starting typing $M the intelli-sense does not show my variables in the list of available variables to choose from, other times it does, and sometimes it will list some user defined variables but not all.

very frustrating indeed, unless I am doing something wrong this behaviour is starting to make the IDE unuseable

I have also tried rebooting my PC etc to see if this helps but the problem remains the same

Please advise, thanks
ErnieB
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: IntelliSense not working consistently for user defined variables

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We will try to replicate this, but it usually best if you can provide a sample script illustrating the problem.
Additionally, please note the header on the post above with the request for version numbers and OS information.
Please make sure to provide that information when creating a new post.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A quick review shows no problem with that particular situation. Are you sure the variables you expect to see in the PrimalSense list are actually in scope at the location?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ErnieB

Post by ErnieB »

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I will send you a script but I will have to sanitise some of the information first for security

I will post as soon as I have done this.

Thanks
ErnieB
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.