WMI Explorer 2017 Portable version

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
RoJaBu

WMI Explorer 2017 Portable version

Post by RoJaBu »

I need to make sure the WMI explorer 2017 is portable. I don't work from one computer rather I run my tools from a USB drive. The old version 2.0 was a simple .exe file that I ran from my USB I am looking to upgrade.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: WMI Explorer 2017 Portable version

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Not at the moment. But you raise a valid point. We will look into it, thanks for bringing it up.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
RoJaBu

Post by RoJaBu »

Can you please let me know when you have a portable version and I will purchase your product.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We'd be interested to hear why that is a requirement for you. Not only for WMI Explorer, but in general.
Since WMI Explorer allows you to remote connect to other machines, users usually work from their computer.
We were wondering what your specific situation is that you work from a USB drive. Please share if possible.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
RoJaBu

Post by RoJaBu »

Basically, I can't install tools on a machine so I have to find tools that can run from USB/standalone with no install. I think it's great that the software connects to remote devices. There is no client to client communication allowed most places I work (to prevent the spread of malware) so remote connection is out. We run encrypted, write protected drives so our devices are clean and protected. I think all the features you have are great and would love to add several of your applications to my collection of tools but I need them to not require a local install to work.

Just for information purposes here are a few tools I use that are standalone: Beyond Compare 4, Revo Uninstaller Pro, File Locator Pro, Fiddler, all the SysInternals tools, Dependency Walker, FolderChangesView, etc.

I have the WMI Explorer 2.0 as I mentioned before but I was looking to upgrade it since it's from 2014; it is standalone.

I hope this helps you understand my need and requirements.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.