Trial Key not registered

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
GDFraser

Trial Key not registered

Post by GDFraser »

Hello:

I have requested and received a trial 45-day license but I receive the following message:
"Provided key or subscription number does not exist in our system. Please double-check the key and try again."
I have tried both adding to my Account on the web site and to the application on the banner page with the same result (see error below).

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Win 7 Enterprise SP1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Error Message in Web Site:

https://www.sapien.com/account/products
"Provided key or subscription number does not exist in our system. Please double-check the key and try again."
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Trial Key not registered

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I see you have a virtual machine trial key and it is associated with your account. Please not that this for virtual machines only. So unless you are specifically prompted
for a Virtual Machine trial key, you don't need one. In the trial dialog, just hitting continue would suffice.
You cannot 'register' that key to anything, it is just there to kick off a trial period on a virtual machine.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
GDFraser

Post by GDFraser »

I have installed on a VMware Virtual Machine in development.
Win 2016
8 GB RAM
200GB disk
4 CPUs

I am getting an error now that says:
"You are attempting to launch a trial version on a virtual machine."
"Please enter a Virtual Machine Trial Key...."

So it is not recognized as a VM license either.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, can you please send a screenshot of that dialog that shows where you put that VM trial key in?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.