Creating a web page that runs Exchange powershell

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
NTBTeam1

Creating a web page that runs Exchange powershell

Post by NTBTeam1 »

PowerShell Studio 18 , 5.5.154 and build Powershell 4:
64 bit version of product:
Operating system:
Windows Server 12 R2 64 bit OS:

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I would like to know how can I web-enable the forms created with PowerShell Studio 18.
I want the web forms to be accessible from a web browser.
I want to be able to execute Exchange and AD powershell commands from the web page.
Would this require some 3rd party product?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Creating a web page that runs Exchange powershell

Post by davidc »

PowerShell Studio allows you to create WinForms (desktop applications) and other PowerShell tools, but is not intended to design web applications.
You do have the option to disable a web page within a WinForms GUI, but not much beyond that.

Note: PrimalScript does support HTML editing and ASP editing.

As for accessing PowerShell from a webpage, you can find components out there. We once offered a free COM dll, that allowed you to execute PowerShell code, but it only supported Windows PowerShell V2.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
NTBTeam1

Re: Creating a web page that runs Exchange powershell

Post by NTBTeam1 »

Thanks for the quick reply..
So PowerShell Studio is mostly an IDE to create a GUI interface for my PowerShell scripts that can be accessed locally on the PC or server.

In that case, I will have to go back to the traditional Visual Studio and ASP.NET methods...
Thanks for the information...
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.