Can make PS crash on demand

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
steve s

Post by steve s »

PS 4.1.531.0

I have an XML file, pretty simple.

It starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

I can crash the PS Pro application by LOADING the file with the leading '<', missing then right clicking tab and selecting 'Reload file'. It doesn't reload but crashes the app completely. It must be LOADED with missing '<', if you load a correct file then delete '<'/save/reload it works OK. I assume it has something to do with the undo fuction perhaps. If the undo cache is empty, the '<' is missing, and you reload the file it will crash.

As a side note the syntax colour coding also reverts to plain B+W without the leading '<'. It would be good if PS highlighted the missing leading bracket rather than diplaying the complete file in B+W.

It was all pretty annoying until I realised my missing '<'. Otherwise I have used PS before (v2.2 & v3 and find it REALLY good).

Thanks
Steve
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will look into it today.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Found the problem. Fix is included in the next service build.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
steve s

Post by steve s »

Excellant, any idea when that will be publically available?
Alexander Riedel

I'd say mid January, no promises though.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.