Unable to determine activation status

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ruslaw

Unable to determine activation status

Post by ruslaw »

Hi there!
Recently I’ve downloaded PowerShell Studio 2020 trial version and after installation I got a message: Unable to determine activation status. Please contact technical support. I started the program as Administrator. My OS is Windows 10 LTSB 64 bit. What should I do to start the program? Maybe it needs some fix in Windows Registry?
Best regards

Ruslan
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Unable to determine activation status

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That usually is a general failure to write data to the C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN folder or one of its sub folders.
In most cases this is a permission failure in locked down corporate environments.
It should never be necessary to launch the application elevated or as a local administrator.
If you have redirected user or AppData folders with write restrictions it can cause this kind of problems.
Please verify that the logged on user has access to the general and per-user AppData folders and can read/write and create folders.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.