Unable to resize a label

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
HvyOnEz009

Unable to resize a label

Post by HvyOnEz009 »

I downloaded the PowerShell 2020 Trial Version, loaded "My First Form" from YouTube to start learning the product. But before I could get out of the gate, I'm unable to resize a form-label.

I'm unable to resize the label within the form. Additionally, I'm unable to change the size within the properties page, it immediately reverts to the previous size.

I was under the impression that the trial included full functionality. Was I mistaken?

Is this behavior a recurring theme with the trial?
Last edited by HvyOnEz009 on Mon May 11, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Unable to resize a label

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not in front of a computer at the moment, so I cannot try this. BUT. As far as I recall a label auto-sizes based on its content. Meaning it will size based on what string you put in.
It definitely has nothing to with using a trial. If you still cannot make it work, please post a screenshot in the PowerShell GUI section.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
HvyOnEz009

Post by HvyOnEz009 »

Is this SAPIEN tutorial no longer valid? Within the first 3 minutes of the tutorial, the presenter shows that the form can be resized within the form. Short of recording the process, there's really no way to show the behavior...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi81bO ... dex=2&t=8s
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

From the comment section of that video: "To resize the label, in the Properties pane, set the AutoSize property to False. Apparently, the default used to be False, but now it's True."
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
HvyOnEz009

Post by HvyOnEz009 »

Awesome, that did the trick.
Thank you!
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.