External Script Driver has stopped Working

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
apschnabel

External Script Driver has stopped Working

Post by apschnabel »

Hello, I recently installed Powershell Studio on my new laptop and ever since, when I try to run a script I get the following error: "External Script Driver has stopped Working. A Problem caused the program to stop working."

As you can imagine, it is very frustrating to have to run scripts from outside PSS if I am trying to debug a new script. I'm on Windows 10 1903 x64 Build 18362.628 and PSS version 5.7.181 though I just updated, so the problem was present for me in 5.7.179

Any ideas on how to solve this?
apschnabel

Re: External Script Driver has stopped Working

Post by apschnabel »

Oh boogers, I thought I was in the Powershell Studio product support forum when I posted this. Can a mod move or delete this topic?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved by moderator]
Please provide information on which PowerShell version you are using.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved by moderator, again]
I received your private message and moved the post to an open location.
Your account has no license associated with it and therefore is not eligible for support.
Please make sure to always post from the account associated with your license or associate your personal SAPIEN account with the license account if necessary.

From the error message alone it is not possible to determine what the issue is. There may be information in the event log that provides further detail.
Generally this is an issue with a runtime incorrectly installed or broken that causes this kind of issues.
The Visual Studio 2015-2019 runtime and/ or the .NET Framework 4.8 are the most likely culprits in such a situation.

As a first step we recommend to install the product on another machine in your network and verify that the issue exists there as well.
If not, examine the differences. If it does, please provide further details about your environment.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.