Deployment issues

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gdavies

Deployment issues

Post by gdavies »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio version 5.8.194
Operating system: Windows 10 21H1
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.1237
32-bit version of software? No

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
This is a new install of Powershell Studio though I did have an old version of Primal Forms installed previously.
I am trying to create some test forms to work out how to get Combo boxes to populate from AD, this worked in Primal Forms until recently but now just gives a blank, single line drop down..

However, when I try to use the Deploy option to export the code to clipboard it opens a save as window, if I export to file it opens the same save as window but only allows me to save the file as a psf, I do not seem to be able to get the code in a format I can import into Powershell to work on the script to populate the combo box.

Am I missing something or is there an issue with the install on my machine?
DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Deployment issues

Post by brittneyr »

In order to export the old form file from Primal Forms, it needs to be updated and saved to the newer form format, a psf file. Once updated, then you can export the psf file to a ps1 file or to the clipboard.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gdavies

Post by gdavies »

This is a new form, just created using Powershell Studio 2021, it is not an old one imported from Primal Forms so I don't see how this resolves the issue. Surely the app saves in a form it can use rather than making me save, convert and export something I just created in the app.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

I have not been able to reproduce any issues with exporting code. When attempting to export, the only time it prompted to save as a psf file was when the file had not been previously saved.
Is the form saved to the local drive or on a network drive?
If the file is saved, are you able to close and reopen the psf file without any issue?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.