PrimalScript Collapse Sections

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
drlandau

Post by drlandau »

Working primarily in VBScript at the moment.1) Will PrimalScript detect and collapse if-then-else sections?I don't seem to be able to do that in 2009? This will be a huge help.2) Is there any way to always have PrimalScript collapse all functions by default?I don't see anywhere I can rightclick and select Collapse All / Expand All.3) Also, it would be VERY handy, especially with large collapsable sections, if the collapse +/- would also be visible at the bottom of the section - or at least be able to rightclick and choose "Jump to Top of Section".If not considered a Pre-Sales issue, please don't remove the question,
but move it to the right Forum Section, as the issue is quite valid -
and I only posted here until I get the purchase approved anyway...
drlandau2011-02-23 02:23:33
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Folding is only supported for regions and functions/subs.
Right-click - Outline - Expand All or Hide all is what you are looking for.
There is also a Toggle Outline, with an associated key, that works even from the bottom of an outline.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
drlandau

Post by drlandau »

Ahh, I didn't work my way down the Outline sub-menu, sorry. Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks. F8 is great!Too bad that you don't support If-Then-Else and other sections, because that would surely be a great feature, especially with many nested sections.If possible, could you add the wish to your wish-list for consideration?The same way you keep track of parenthesis' would be really be great to expand onto If Then Else and other associated tags (in other languages). That would make it much easier to navigate complex code (and to find glitches - like when you have too many to few parenthesis', the same can be true when you have many nested sections within each other).
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you for your input, I will forward it to the appropriate person.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
drlandau

Post by drlandau »

Thanks a lot (you guys never sleep? ;-)
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.