PrimalScript Change Case

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
drlandau

PrimalScript Change Case

Post by drlandau »

I don't find a hot key to change case (like pressing Caps Lock).If none really exists that would be very handy indeed to implement.If not considered a Pre-Sales issue, please don't remove the question,
but move it to the right Forum Section, as the issue is quite valid -
and I only posted here until I get the purchase approved anyway...drlandau2011-02-23 02:23:13
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

PrimalScript Change Case

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ctrl-U to make current character or selection lowercase, Ctrl+Shift+U to make it uppercase. See Help-Keyboard map.
At least that is what I understand you are looking for.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
drlandau

PrimalScript Change Case

Post by drlandau »

Hi, no its inversion of the case upper -> lower, and lower -> upper. Not all upper or all lower.ThiS a TeST -> tHIs A tEstPressing Caps Lock on selected test is implemented in another editor I've been using, works perfectly./Nicolaj
Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript Change Case

Caps Lock has a specific function, re-purposing it would prevent that function, which is not a good idea in my opinion.
But anyway, what the purpose of such a function? Maybe it's the after lunch snooze, but I can't imagine a use case where this comes in handy.
Thanks!
Alexander Riedel
drlandau

PrimalScript Change Case

Post by drlandau »

Not to be rude at all, but if thats the company position it seems quite strange that the Invert Case is already implemented? If you can't think of any use of Invert Case don't use it :-) That doesn't mean other users don't have a valid use of it.In my opinion the Invert case sometimes actually has a more valid use than only a convert to UPPER or lover, because it is generic and means ONE function (= ONE shortcut) with multiple uses.What I'm asking for is simply a hotkey for the function, and using Caps Lock has worked like a charm in other products without voiding the "real" use of Caps Lock, i.e. when a text is selected pressing Caps Lock inverts the case. Deselecting the text - and you just press Caps Lock again to use the case (upper or lower) you want. I assure you, it poses NO problem whatsoever. But another shortcut will of course also work. It was just a suggestion from experience. And I have used MANY editors ALL the time.Again, I mean no disrespect, but I know for a fact that no matter how hard you try, you can never imagine all the ways your customers use your product, because they never use it like you imagine anyway. They use it the way that suits them and their work - which is exactly the way it should be...because the tools are there for them - not the other way around ;-)Isn't that why the forum is here - and why you listen to feedback, to make the best product ever - for all customers? ;-)
drlandau2011-02-23 23:20:55
Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript Change Case

I apologize if my attempts at humor where not perceived as such by you.
Asking for a use case helps us to gauge the urgency for any user request.
Since you don't seem to supply one I will just submit it to the general wish list.

Thank you for your input.
Alexander Riedel
drlandau

PrimalScript Change Case

Post by drlandau »

No need to apologize, what I was trying to say was just, that it's sometimes hard to imagine what customers want - no matter how hard we try (from personal experience).The general wish-list is fine. We use the invert case as some use the convert to UPPER or lower, but we just use a single function for both, like: "Whoops wrong case" -> Invert, so we don't have to remember the hotkey for upper or lower, since we just want the opposite of what is.Hope I make sense.Thanks for the help - and I hope to convince the boss to buy us your very fine editor SOON, because it truly is great. But as with all the great products I've worked with, more wants more, and new ideas for small enhancements keeps popping up. I'll report them as they come along, and let you guys come up with a verdict.drlandau2011-02-24 00:16:27
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.