Why VBS for Windows?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Why VBS for Windows?

Post by djlurch »

I believe this question is directed at Don.I am a classic ASP coder with my own colocated server. I've developed a web based industry specific CRM application.I have seen lots of coverage on the Sapien website about VBS for Windows Administrators and Managing IIS with VBS.Can you explain why these things are useful and what they would be used for?Are there any ways that these things might be useful to me?
donj

Why VBS for Windows?

Post by donj »

These topics are geared primarily toward individuals who are using VBScript to manage a Windows-based network, including Windows and IIS servers. The audience consists primarily of corporate network administrators and network engineers seeking to automate various administrative tasks.

You're welcome to hop on www.ScriptingTraining.com to see the IIS video's description; www.ScriptingAnswers.com has information on my books. However, none of them are geared toward an ASP coder. I'm not sure that they *would* be useful to you.
djlurch

Why VBS for Windows?

Post by djlurch »

don:Thanks for the reply. I checked out the demo video of PS and will check out the other links.Clarification question. Say I wanted to somehow FTP from my server to a backup server the latest copy of SQL Server or Access data so I can have an off-site redundant platform for my users. Would this be accomplished via what you are talking about?PS: Nice job on the demo video for PS.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.