Add a new Language?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ghl001

Add a new Language?

Post by ghl001 »

Can I - the user - add another language to PrimalScript 4.1? Or can you do it? It is a VBScript dialect enhanced with some application specific methods. Can the debugger work with this dialect?RegardsGerhart Hlawatsch
jhicks

Add a new Language?

Post by jhicks »

I don't believe you can personally add a new language. If you can provide a source of documentation about the language, especially in regards to its objects, methods and properties, the development staff can take a look and see what can be done. If it is basically VBScript, but with some custom methods, it might be even easier. Still, the developers need some background documentation to get started.
ghl001

Add a new Language?

Post by ghl001 »

Thanks for your reply. Please forward an email address to where I can start the transactions required. my email address is nospamghl@nospamscitel.nospamdeI am eagerly looking forward to your succeeding!RegardsGerhart
Ferdinand Rios

Add a new Language?

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Depending on the language, you might be able to do a lot of the work yourself. If this is very closely related to VBScript, you can usually add the extension to the VBScript extension list and then add keywords to an extension file. Let me talk to the dev team for the exact process.
F.G. Rios
donj

Add a new Language?

Post by donj »

We have an article in our knowledge base about adding keywords to an additional language. This will not provide full PrimalSense (e.g., syntax help, code completion, and so forth), but it will allow PrimalScript to recognize additional keywords. This would depend upon you using an already-recognized filename extension, such as VBS. So, this might be suitable for what you need - go to our main Support page, select the Knowledge Base, and search on keyword "language" to find the article.

However, there is no user-accessible means of adding an entirely new language to the product.
Ferdinand Rios

Add a new Language?

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

You can also add your specific file extension to the list of extensions for a specific language. This will allow PrimalScript to "recognize" your file as a VBScript file. This is done under the Tools | Options menu. Select the Environment then Languages nodes in the left list box. Select VBScript in the Languages list and at the bottom add your file extension.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 17 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.