primalsense questions

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
thesapien

primalsense questions

Post by thesapien »

Hi, I would like to know how to trigger the "new" keyword's proper autocompletion menu. When i use new and ctrl space, i get irrelevant auto complete options instead of potential object candidates like my custom classes. My directories for the main classpath and for my own class path are set up correctly.In the same line, I'd like to know if it's possible and how to trigger parameter hints for constructors. It seems to work great if i use .methodname(. I get both the auto complete option for the method and i get hints for the parameters. It does not work at all for constructors.if you create a variable outside a function, then inside the function you say varname = new objectname. then you say varname. i don't seem to get the proper autocomplete menu. is there a reason for this?finally, I'd like to know if there is a way to get private variables/methods from classes to NOT show up in auto complete for outside files. or at least to show the lock icon on the autocomplete menu. as is, when i try to call an object method, autocomplete brings up every variable and method under the sun for that that object and gives no indication of private or public.thanks a lot!
thesapien2007-02-28 17:51:23
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

primalsense questions

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Unfortunately you didn't mention what actual language you are working in.
From your mention of classpath I assume you are referring to ActionScript.

If you don't get PrimalSense for your custom classes, depending on your setup,
they are not in your current project or in the classpath.

At any rate, these items are best explained with a sample. So if you have any reason to believe anything displayed is incorrect or insufficient, please send an email with a sample project illustrating the issue to support@sapien.com
Try to be as detailed as possible since most likely we do not have your exact environment at hand.

We most certainly will look at anything you send us as soon as we can.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
thesapien

primalsense questions

Post by thesapien »

Hey Alex,I sent that email you asked for with instructions on how to see the problems i was facing but i never got a reply. All i got was the automated reply.
Alexander Riedel

primalsense questions

I have received your email. I will look at it and reply as soon as I can.
Alex
Alexander Riedel
thesapien

primalsense questions

Post by thesapien »

awsome, thanks!
thesapien

primalsense questions

Post by thesapien »

hey alex, just checking in again, it's been over a week. Thanks.
Alexander Riedel

primalsense questions

1. Hi, I would like to know how to trigger the "new" keyword's ...

We don't offer that at this point. Types are shown when you declare a typed variable like in
var somevar:MovieClip;
after typing the colon a list of types will pop up.

2. Parameter hints for constructors.
We do not parse construuctor parameters at this time. At the time the AS parser was create this seemed not to be of any importance :-)

3. if you create a variable outside a function, then inside the function you say varname = new objectname. then you say varname. i don't seem to get the proper autocomplete menu. is there a reason for this?

I do not know. From your example I cannot determine if your variable outside
of "a function" is a class variable or a global variable. If you do not get PrimalSense
for member methods and properties I assume you did not declare it as a typed variable and PrimalScript simply is not able to determine the type.

4. finally, I'd like to know if there is a way to get private variables/methods from classes to NOT show up in auto complete ...

Not at this time. From feedback we received it was determined that it is better to show ALL methods and let the user make the call. I will add the request to add different icons for different access levels.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
thesapien

primalsense questions

Post by thesapien »

Thanks a lot alex
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.