Debug not working for PowerShell scripts

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dsotnikov

Post by dsotnikov »

I have installed trial edition of PrimalScript Enterprise 4.5.557 and try to use on my Windows Vista computer to edit my PowerShell scripts.Editing seems to work fine. I can also run the scripts in the tool with no issues. However, debugging does not seem to work at all.When I click the Debug Script button, the Output window shows that the profile loads and then nothing happens. Not even the first line of code seems to get executed (I tried removing the profile and it did not help).All the Step Over/Into/etc. buttons are disabled.Setting breakpoints does not help either.Stop Script button is active. If I click Start Debug again I am being told that the debugging is already in progress - so it looks like debugger is just not responding somewhere.Am I missing something? Or is that a limitation of the trial version? Or a Vista compatibility issue? (Running as admin does not help.)
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

There is no PowerShell debugger. PowerShell itself, has a step execution mode, but PrimalScript does not have a built in debugger for PowerShell.
F.G. Rios
dsotnikov

Post by dsotnikov »

Oh, thanks. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the information.
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.