[PSS 2016] Configure quick-deploy module path

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016] Configure quick-deploy module path

Post by Bosparan »

Hello,

a small request, all things considered:
Recently you added a feature to module projects, that allows simple deployment of module projects to the user's module folder (thanks!).
Would you mind adding the option to freely choose the path you publish it to?

Scenarios where that might be useful:
- Keeps production modules separate from modules in development
- Deploy directly into lab, because in order to test the module, resources must be present that just ain't available on the developer's computer itself.

For myself, I'd use it to deploy directly into the user's folder on my lab Admin-Server, as that's where I need to test stuff.
True, that's already available through project-configured deployment actions (I'm currently using a publish function, though I probably should retest the regular deploy command, I believe you wanted to fix the folder structure not being published and it probably is if you inserted the quick-actions with working folder structure), but being able to do it with the quick-action buttons would be more convenient for me.

Cheers,
Bosparan
DevinL

Re: [PSS 2016] Configure quick-deploy module path

Post by DevinL »

You're just on fire when it comes to suggestions lately, so thank you yet again. I personally would love to see this feature implemented as well since it would make some of my tests a bit easier to perform. :P

That being said, I've passed this along to the team as usual and when we have some more information we'll post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Re: [PSS 2016] Configure quick-deploy module path

Post by Bosparan »

DevinL wrote:You're just on fire when it comes to suggestions lately[...]
:D

Actually, these usually come in waves for us:
When reaching phase 3 (Core development) on a project we don't update unless there's a blocking issue. This ends when the project is done, so we update and at the same time reorient towards the next project, which comes with new requirements, new tools becoming handy, other functionalities coming to the fore (modules have been pretty dominant in recent times). Thus all the new ideas (and bug-reports) come bundled together.

Most of the low-tide reports and requests are spawned by my home-installation, since I use PowerShell and PowerShell Studio at home for private purposes as well rather a lot (For example you can do wonders with PowerShell while modding computer games; Or setting up a database for my cocktail recipes; Or using our enterprise toolkit to overkill on client administration; Or preparing pranks on coworkers (try using psexec to run internet explorer as system with this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGWEXFpxyA on your best friends computer and have him try to find out where the music is coming from :twisted: ); ...).
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.