[PSS 2016] Text Encoding

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016] Text Encoding

Post by Bosparan »

Hello,

when I edit text-files in PSS (such as concept help files, part of a module), the text is written in the system default encoding. On a German computer, that's ANSII. PowerShell however expects UTF8 for most if not all of its works. Sooooooo ...

Would you mind either ...
- Adding an option to allow choosing the Encoding used.
- Simply declare UTF8 as the encoding in use.

This would make writing help quite a bit easier.

Cheers,
Bosparan

P.s.:
To verify this behavior, just import an empty text file into a project on a German OS (or any other language that doesn't use UTF8 by default). Then write some text from within PowerShell Studio into that file. Finally open it in an encoding-aware editor (e.g.: Notepad++) and check the encoding.

P.p.s.:
On that note, let me reiterate my request to create those helpfiles from within PSS :)
DevinL

Re: [PSS 2016] Text Encoding

Post by DevinL »

Do you want to change the encoding of an individual file? If so that's already supported, just simply select the encoding in the status bar and it gives you a box of choices:
Status_Bar_Encoding.png
Status_Bar_Encoding.png (26.96 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Post by Bosparan »

Damn, that's been hiding in plain sight if ever a feature has ;)
Thanks for pointing this out, can't believe I've never noticed that before ... probably because it's so rarely been an issue ...
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Not problem! As always, if you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.