[PSS 2016] Rename Enhancement

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mpalmer

[PSS 2016] Rename Enhancement

Post by mpalmer »

I've just started using PSS recently and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I think the Rename functionality could be improved because the current Preview implementation is kind of useless. There's no point in knowing the line numbers that contain the changes if I don't have any context around them or I can't scroll the document to look at the lines referenced. I think it could be fixed in one of two ways.

1.) Make the rename preview box non-modal (but still top in z-order) so that I can interact with the file to see what is on the lines it references so I have some context around what is changing.

or

2.) Make the rename preview box show more context around the lines that will be changed, something along the lines of the Find Results window when you Find All References.

Thanks for a great product.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS 2016] Rename Enhancement

Post by davidc »

When you select an item in the Preview dialog, the editor will automatically jump to the line in the background and highlight all the affected references:
Rename Preview.png
Rename Preview.png (71.09 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mpalmer

Re: [PSS 2016] Rename Enhancement

Post by mpalmer »

Well that would be a third way to fix it :)

Thanks for the reply. Don't know why I never tried clicking them.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.