Feature Request: view XML

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
smokingjoe

Feature Request: view XML

Post by smokingjoe »

Powershell Studio 2016, version 5.3.130 and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
64 bit version of product:
Operating system: 64 bit OS: Windows 8.1
PowerShell Version: Version 4

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

This is a feature request. I commonly find myself reading XML files in Powershell and needing to view an XML file that was read into a variable in powershell. Not too big an issue but trying to view the contents of the XML in Powershell Studio is painful. Is there a way I can display the xml; navigation would help as well.

So as an exemption you may have something like
invoke-expression $exp
Out put file from the command is written in XML so then I would have something like:
[xml]$xmlresponse - get-content $outputfilename

and I would like to view the $xmlresponse in powershell studio I don't see a good method to do this at this time. Would anyone else use this?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Feature Request: view XML

Post by davidc »

[TOPIC MOVED TO WISH LIST AND FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM BY MODERATOR]

Adding XML syntax coloring is on our TODO list. At the moment we don't have any mechanism to do this, but I will pass it along to the dev team.

Thank you for your feedback!
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.