Able to pick PowerShell 6 if exist on system

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mxtrinidad

Able to pick PowerShell 6 if exist on system

Post by mxtrinidad »

It would be nice if we could have a way to (at least) manually set PowerShell 6 and reload the Object Browser with their existing command.
I understand is not PowerShell 6 in not out yet. But would be an interesting feature to include to help in the adoption of PowerShell Open Source.

I would not have to keep using VS Code. Keep making PowerShell Studio the flagship for PowerShell scripting development.

:)
DevinL

Re: Able to pick PowerShell 6 if exist on system

Post by DevinL »

Thanks for the suggestion, Max!

I've put this on our wishlist and alerted the team.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Able to pick PowerShell 6 if exist on system

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are looking into this. But since PowerShell 6 is based on .NET Core rather than the Windows .NET runtime it requires a little more work on our side. So stay tuned, it is coming, we just cannot promise any time frame.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.