[PSS 2017] add expiration date to build process

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jpsider

[PSS 2017] add expiration date to build process

Post by jpsider »

I'd like to have a feature where we could specify an expiration date of an .exe that is created during a build of a powershell script.

It should function much like the expiration of files that are created with a trial version of PSS.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Bosparan

Re: [PSS 2017] add expiration date to build process

Post by Bosparan »

Interesting idea.
Can't say I currently have a use-case for it, but it may very well have for you.

If that should come, it may also be beneficial to be able to specify a message to display.

On the other hand, you already can implement your own timeout (and message) in the code, so this may not actually need to be implemented on a package level (unless you want to avoid scriptblock logging to get a sniff after the date, in which case you really need to go for the package-level lockout).
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.