PowerShell Studio: Automatically reload changed files

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jehoschua

PowerShell Studio: Automatically reload changed files

Post by Jehoschua »

Good evening

In PowerShell Studio, after confirming to reload the changed Files 60 times, it really gets annyoing.
Please allow us to configure that PowerShell Studio automatically reloads files if another application changed them.

Thanks a lot,
kind regards,
Tom
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PowerShell Studio: Automatically reload changed files

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the feed back once again.

Out of curiosity, what is changing the file so often?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Jehoschua

Post by Jehoschua »

Hi David,

I'm very sorry to say that, but in most situations the free Notepad++ is a much more powerful Editor than Sapien PowerShell Studio. Therefore I'm continuously switching between both Editors to be remarkable faster.
There is a 2nd situation where I often have to answer the "reload changed files?" question in PowerShell Studio: If I have to test the developed script locally on a target machine. Then, the Script is on a common share, and on the target machine I use Notepad++ for basic changes and use PowerShell Studio to debug individual functions.

Kind regards,
Thomas
davidc

Post by davidc »

Feedback is very important to us and it allows us to make a better product.
Can you elaborate on why you use Notepad++? What is it that find yourself using that you can't do in PowerShell Studio? I curious to see what features you wish to see or issues you are encountering.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

We added an option to automatically reload the files in the latest service release (v5.4.141).
David
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.