Default file

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mike_c

Default file

Post by mike_c »

99% of what I do with PS is VBscript. Is there any way for me to configure it so that when I click on the "NEW" button it opens up for VBS by default?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Default file

Post by davidc »

Yes you can change the default behavior. First you need to go the following folder:

Windows XP:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSAPIENPrimalScriptTemplatesFile TemplatesScript Files

Vista / Windows 7:
C:ProgramDataSAPIENPrimalScriptTemplatesFile TemplatesScript Files

Copy the VBScript.vbs file and paste it into the following folder:

Windows XP:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSAPIENPrimalScriptTemplates

Vista / Windows 7:
C:ProgramDataSAPIENPrimalScriptTemplates

Rename the file to Default.vbs and PrimalScript will now detect the vbs file as the default when you press the "New" button.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mike_c

Default file

Post by mike_c »

That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks guy's.

I assume that in the future I could simply follow the same process to make it Powershell instead.
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.