Code indenting like Visual Studio

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kstemwell

Post by kstemwell »

I would like to see an improvement that has been missing for some time now. It is all about auto indent like Visual Studio does. Code can get to be unreadable very quickly on complicated scripts. It would be great if PS would help with the flow of the code.

I.e

If this then
Do something.
End If

Looks so much better like this.

If this then
Do something.
End If

So that you can easily line up if and ends etc. visual. This not hard to do on the initial code writing but when you start to update change etc, this can get messy. As any programmer who understand this concept. Or better yet ask your user base if they would like to see this type of functionality added.

I bet they would say YES
Last edited by J A Reif on Thu May 09, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed odd char that caused font issues.
DarthMuppet

Post by DarthMuppet »

I askeed about this before -

http://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=208

Based on Alex's reply, it just needs adding to vbscript.

Please add it. Pretty please.
Last edited by J A Reif on Thu May 09, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated url
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I would also like to see this. I was actually surprised to see it missing, having recently migrated to primalscript from another editor that had this. I'd also like to see wordwrap and column editing, and I think I have seen old posting here requesting those as well.
Thanks,
Gerry
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

When you say column editing, do you mean block selection with cut, copy and paste? If so, that has ALWAYS been in PrimalScript. Block selection can be activated by SHIFT + ALT + Mouse drag.
F.G. Rios
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Well, that's part it, but not what I really need. What i use it for most is editing - typing - in multiple lines simultaneously. For example, when I want to define constants from vbscript documentation I copy the names and valuse from the docs into my script and weed out misc stuff. Then in column mode (ultraedit) I select the first column of all lines and add the CONST keyword to all lines at once. I do the same with the equal sign. It's great for formatting text. I also used it just theother day for the code below. The (blurry) strings were copied from another file and the Instr statements took about 20 seconds to add to for all lines. Then, when it didn't work, it took about 3 seconds to add the missing "1," I forgot the first time around :-) That's the kind of column editing I need.
Thanks,
Gerry
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.