MOF files and syntax highlighting

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
reedj001

Post by reedj001 »

I have been doing a lot of MOF (Managed Object Format) file editing with respect to our SMS setup and PrimalScript does not currently support highlighting of these files.

In fact I didn't see any editable or modular way to add syntax highlighting to PrimalScript. I know a number of editors have the ability to add dictionaries and word lists as a way to incorporate newer or potentially obscure coding structures.

Thanks.
donj

Post by donj »

PrimalScript doesn't currently support the format, as you indicate, and it does not offer a user-accessible means of defining new languages. However, we're always open to considering new languages. Can you provide a link to a comprehensive reference on the MOF syntax? Something we can point our development team toward, so that they can take a look at it and see how practical it would be to support it?
reedj001

Post by reedj001 »

Yes. The MOF (Managed Object Format) is part of the larger CIM (Common Information Model) standard. All of these technologies are in use on Windows in WMI, and in other platforms in various enterprise management frameworks.

The CIM standard is referenced here:
http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_spec_v22

and the MOF spec is contained within it here:http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_s ... c453584969

I use PrimalScript to routinely develop vbscripts to get information out of WMI having MOF syntax highlighting would definitely benefit putting information into WMI.

Thanks.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.