ChangeVue: Date formats

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

The date formats used inside ChangeVue do not follow the locale settings on the local computer but always use US short dates (MM/DD/YY hh:mm:ss AM/PM). This can lead to confusion for users in the rest of the world with dates such as 03/07/12 appearing to be 3rd July 2010 when it's actually 7th March 2012. I'd like this to be addressed by using one of the following, in my personal order of preference1. Unambiguous date strings - YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss (24-hour clock)2. A user-selectable repository-wide date/time style3. The local date string on the user's PC I would also like to see all date/time entries recorded in UTC by default, but with the option to use local times if the current UTC offset or time zone is noted as well. This should allow for teams across multiple time zones to work together a little easier. Thanks!Russ
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hi Russ. These are very valuable suggestions. I'll make sure to forward them to the development team.
Not sure when they can address this though, so please give us some time.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.