Multi-key keystroke commands

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

I don't know if you all have received this request before, but it would be great if PrimalScript had multi-key keystroke commands (sometimes called chords), like EMACS or WordStar. (I believe Visual Studio supports this.) To cite a WordStar example, Ctrl+K Ctrl+Q quits a file.Thanks,Bill
AbqBill2007-04-24 14:25:58
donj

Post by donj »

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but it's on the wish list, now.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi Don,I believe this enhancement will make PrimalScript a more viable option for EMACS and old Borland IDE/WordStar users, like me.Thanks!Bill
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi Alex, any movement on this request?Thanks!Bill
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There are not many request for that, so I am not sure.
Do you have a list of items that would require two keystrokes and are not covered yet with 'normal' keyboard shortcuts?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

There are not many request for that, so I am not sure.
Do you have a list of items that would require two keystrokes and are not covered yet with 'normal' keyboard shortcuts?

AlexHi Alex, here are some example from my fingers' muscle memory:Ctrl+K Ctrl+D - Save and close fileCtrl+K Ctrl+Q - Close fileCtrl+K Ctrl+I - Comment selected linesCtrl+K Ctrl+U - Uncomment selected linesCtrl+K Ctrl+W - Save selected lines as separate fileCtrl+K Ctrl+R - Insert another file into this fileCtrl+K Ctrl+T - Save asCtrl+K Ctrl+X - Save all files and exitCtrl+Q Ctrl+A - ReplaceCtrl+Q Ctrl+Y - Delete to end of lineCtrl+Q Del - Delete to beginning of lineEMACS users could probably provide some examples also, such as Ctrl+X Ctrl+C to save all files and exit.HTH,Bill
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, so the question is, why is
Ctrl+K Ctrl+I preferable to Ctrl+Q
and
Ctrl+K Ctrl+U preferable to Ctrl+Shift+Q

Or why Ctrl+K _ Ctrl+Q needed if the Windows default key for closing a file is Ctrl+F4?

Please don't misunderstand my questions, I am curious if this is more a case of missing functionality or a case of not wanting to switch to standard keystrokes.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Ok, so the question is, why is
Ctrl+K Ctrl+I preferable to Ctrl+Q
and
Ctrl+K Ctrl+U preferable to Ctrl+Shift+Q

Or why Ctrl+K _ Ctrl+Q needed if the Windows default key for closing a file is Ctrl+F4?

Please don't misunderstand my questions, I am curious if this is more a case of missing functionality or a case of not wanting to switch to standard keystrokes.Hi Alex, you're correct, it's not so much a matter of missing features as it is the way I've been accessing such features for 25 years. To use PS effectively, I essentially have to relearn a whole new set of keyboard shortcuts, which greatly hampers my productivity.Thanks,Bill
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.