Configure default language for HTAs

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi,I'm looking at the Text Editor/General options page, and it has 'default script language' settings for ASP and ASP.NET, but not HTAs. When I start a new HTA, it uses VBScript by default; I prefer to use JScript.It appears that I can edit the HTA.hta template file, but it might be a bit more "user-friendly" if we could select the default HTA script language from this dialog box as well.Regards,Bill
AbqBill2007-04-27 20:56:43
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The reason there is a setting in the options is because you can configure IIS to use a specific server side language as default. So the language used is not necessarily specified in any file.
As for HTAs the client side script language ALWAYS has to be specified in the script tag.
Just copy the HTA.hta file to HTA(JS).hta and change the language. Then you'll have your own template.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
donj

Post by donj »

Or do what I do: I created snippets for both types of script tag. When I start a new HTA, I just drag the appropriate snippet in to get the language I need. I've done a lot of tweaks to the HTA tag too for various situations, and usually add an HTA tag snippet for the same reason, rather than having several templates.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.