UI: Search Box

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Alex:This never really stood out before, but I've just started being annoyed by it.Cntrl-F to open a Find dialog box. Type in something that won't be found in the document. Hit enter. The "Cannot find 'foo' dialog pops up. I can hit Enter to kill the cannot find dialog box.Here's the problem. After the cannot find dialog box disappears, the focus doesn't go anywhere. Expected behavior would be for the Find What: text to be selected and the focus to go there.When I mistype something that cannot be found I have to go to the mouse to change the text. Not only that, but hitting Cntrl-F again (as a practical matter) does nothing.I did discover that hitting the tab button will focus on the Find What text. Any chance the current behavior can be changed?
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi djlurch,After a failed find, hit Tab and the Find What: field will get focus. (But it would be nice if we didn't have to press Tab.)Bill
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.