Extend Copy-Paste function

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
JasonWMcB

Post by JasonWMcB »

I would like to be able to have the color coding kept when I copy and paste something. Quite often I need to document my scipting into applications that do not have auto color-coding. (IE. WinWord). I would like to be able to paste the code as it appears in PrimalScript.

Thanks.
donj

Post by donj »

Unfortunately, that's a bit difficult to do. PrimalScript deals in plain text, which doesn't include any markup capability for maintaining coloring and other formatting; we'd have to place the text onto the Clipboard in HTML, RTF, or some other "rich" format. Doing so universally would "break" the way most users utilize the copy and paste feature. We'll make a note of your request, but I want to give you a good expectation on this, which is that Windows doesn't provide a way for us to pass colored plain text into the Clipboard.
EBGreen

Post by EBGreen »

Just as a possible path to follow, some editors have an "Export To HTML" option that will copy text with HTML markup to the clipboard. That way regular copy is not broken but you can still send colored emails for instance (assuming your email program supports HTML in the first place).
donj

Post by donj »

An "export to HTML" option is definitely on our internal wish list; it's also useful for pasting code into forums which, given how much code goes into ScriptingAnswers.com's forums, I'd be a big fan of :). Thanks!
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.