Remember Script Packager Preferences

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

I realy, really, really wish the the Script Packager could remember that I want Powershell as my executer & it would be super-fantastic if it could remember my last-used Package name, Output file name, and included scripts. Also, when I go to browse for a script I want it to default to ps1 (or *.*) files instead of vbs.

Currently, every single time I make even a tiny change to a script & want to repackage it, I have to re-enter every single setting. It's so frustrating.

Thanks so much for your consideration. I really appreciate all your hard work!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Have you tried loading the last package you created? It should contain your settings.
I'll see what we can do about remembering other settings.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

If I click on "Load..." it wants an ESP file. I don't have ESP, though, so I don't know what it wants. <grin> All I have is the EXE that I built.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Matt
Alexander Riedel

When you create a package and name it, it gets automatically saved as an ESP file in My DocumentsSAPIENScript Packages
The open dialog should default to that location.
Alexander Riedel
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

Oh wow! I never knew it saved ESP files there. If there's no choice on where to save the ESPs (except maybe under options somewhere), then wouldn't it make sense to default to that folder when opening a previous package?
In any case, it's water under the bridge for me because I see that (at least as of b559) you've added my original request to save the preferences! I love it!

I've said it before, and I'll keep on saying it because I sincerely appreciate all your hard work... THANK YOU!!!!
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

Oh, I just realized you said that the open dialog should default to the My DocumentsSAPIENScript Packages folder. It doesn't for me.
Alexander Riedel

Hmm, where does it go to?
Alexander Riedel
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

Sorry, Alex. I thought I had mentioned it earlier, but didn't. It defaults to the location my script file is in at the moment.While I'm at it, what's the official word on changing the preferred default file type when adding a script? Right now, it still defaults to VBS & my PS1 preference is not remembered. Can this at least be set to *.* by default so no manual change is necessary?Matt
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.