Support regular expression backreferences

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jfbradfo

Post by jfbradfo »

Request: Add the ability to use regular expression backreferences to the text replace and replace in files capabilities.
Detail: In the Edit->Replace dialog box, the use of regular expressions is supported for the Find field, including the use of groups and backreferences. However, the backreferences are NOT supported in the Replace With field.

Example: I have a set of numbers which I need to change to literal strings in a piece of code. The following replace settings (with regular expressions and replace codes enabled) does not but should work:

Find: ^(110dd)
Replace with: "1"
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

I'd like that as well. See the request I submitted a while ago at http://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=182

Russ Pitcher2008-01-24 08:54:25
Last edited by J A Reif on Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated url
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.