Stop PoSH script execution

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rbarbour

Post by rbarbour »

One of the things I really like about the VBScript "run" command is the ability to stop the script when one sees it isn't working as expected. This feature seems to be missing from the PowerShell script "run" environment. When I choose to "run" a PowerShell script, PrimalScript Ent 2007 simply goes unresponsive. I cannot change tabs, open menus or anything. I must wait for the script to finish running before I can return to the editor.

Please add the ability to stop PowerShell scripts from running inside the internal shell environment.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We'd love to. The PowerShell API unfortunately has no API for doing that.
We are investigating options though.

Alex
Alexander Riedel2008-02-14 10:51:19
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
b0n3z

Post by b0n3z »

I agree - this would be really nice to have. Rather than having to end the task - just have it gracefully stop the process or sub-process.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.