PrimalScript: Stop find when reaching end-of-file

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 10 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
abqbill

PrimalScript: Stop find when reaching end-of-file

Post by abqbill »

Hi,

I'd like to request an option for the Find command - do not continue searching from the top of the file (if searching down) or from the bottom of the file (if searching up). In other words, if find direction is down, this option would stop searching when end of file is reached, or if find direction is up, this option would stop searching when beginning of file is reached.

The reason for this is I have a lot of code to edit that I didn't write and when the find automatically loops it is confusing to know whether the search term exists before or after the current position. It is helpful to be find out if the search phrase does or does not exist from the current position forward (if searching down) or from the current position backward (if searching up).

Every other editor I've used either works this way inherently (e.g., Notepad) or has an option to toggle. I always turn it off (I don't like the automatic looping) but I can't find it in PrimalScript.

If this feature already exists, please tell me where I can set it? If not, can we please add it?

Thanks,

Bill
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript: Stop find when reaching end-of-file

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll look into it.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Thanks!

Bill
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi,

Any news on this request?

Thanks!

Bill
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi,

It seems that search wrapping only occurs when the "Regular Expression" check box is disabled. When "Regular Expression" is enabled, the search does not wrap. (At least in PS 2012 6.5.152.) IMO this is a confusing and unexpected change in behavior.

It would be more intuitive if search wrapping were set using a separate check box.

Thanks,

Bill
This topic is 10 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.