More Find functionality

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
phil.braniff

More Find functionality

Post by phil.braniff »

In addition to the ability to 'find all' occurrences of a search and to have that presented in a new window (with optional line numbers of the full file).

I think it would also be useful to have the ability to do a limited context replace on the 'find all' items. Such that two lines that are slightly different could be searched for using the 'find all' and then have the ability to do a replace on the 'find all' subset without affecting the lines that were not selected in the 'find all'.

This would obviously need to be in some way distinguishable from the regular 'replace' command function but the usage should be the same so you don't have to remember a new command. Maybe just a check mark in the 'replace' menu to indicate only 'replace' from lines in this window.

The lack of the 'find all' is keeping my coworkers from using PrimalScript, even though there are other features in Primal that are better than what we now use. The 'find all' functionality is something we use in many times when doing problem determination and data gathering.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

More Find functionality

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you for pointing it out. I'll make sure it gets added to the top of the list.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.