Open/Save-Dialogs in PrimalScript

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
franky13

Post by franky13 »

Hi,

I find the new file-open / -save dialogs under Vista very convinient and would highly appreciate if PS used these dialogs when running under Vista.

Thank you
Frank
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update these dialogs!I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp every time I go to open or save a file. Specifically, I need a way to quickly get to "Favorite" folders, which Windows 7 especially does an excellent job at satisfying.Okay, pretty please...?Matt
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are a bit tied in that regard because we have to work under previous OS versions and we don't want everything to look different. But we are preparing a new file dialog that will go in all SAPIEN applications and will be available on all platforms.

It has the advantage that you can modify the favorites
links for the specific needs of our applications.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

So is this not something where PrimalScript on Windows 2000 can call the Windows 2000 version of File/Open & the same app on Windows Vista opens Vista's file/open dialog?

I always thought it could be programmed such that the application called the standard Windows file browser module & that module was just different as needed for the different OS versions.

In any case, so long as the Favorites list can be customized easily for my various script folders, I'll be happy.

So will this change only be in PrimalScript 2010? In other words, is there any sort of ETA on when to expect this new functionality?

Thanks,
Matt
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Technically yes. But if you want to add to the dialog, like the "Open As" combo box, you have to create a template for each different version. And you end up with a dialog that has no such customizable places list on XP :-)

So yes, it will be customizable of course.

As for the rest, you are trying to read too much into a screenshot. The next version will not be PrimalScript 2010. As with all new features, we will not announce a date until the feature is finished. But I would imagine
that with Windows 7 it seems a logical choice to have that ready ;-)

Alexander Riedel2009-07-06 23:49:47
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.