File Browser

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cking2

File Browser

Post by cking2 »

I have always been annoyed that I cannot simply (as far as I can tell) specify a UNC path in the file browser. I can map a drive which for the most part works.

Now I am stumbling again. I log onto my PC with my normal account and run PS elevated with my 'admin' account that has access to our scripts share. Fine. Now I am trying to use Surround SCM source control. My login to that uses my normal account but that is not really where the issues begin. PS sees that and sort of works but...

I have to use a UNC path to create the repository in Surround but of course in PS it is really s:pathscriptname.vbs not serverscripts$pathscriptname which understandably looks like a conflict to source control. It is easy to open files from the file browser so if I could add a UNC shortcut to that directly, it would work great I think.

Browsing to a shortcut on my 'admin' desktop within file browser generates an error as it does not really work just like Windows Explorer.

Thoughts?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

File Browser

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Open the UNC folder in Windows Explorer and drag the file onto PrimalScript. It should open it with the UNC path.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cking2

File Browser

Post by cking2 »

Well, as I am running PS elevated I use a different program to access the UNC path elevated. As you know, Elevated Explorer windows are (nearly) impossible post Vista (I am running Win &)...but, I guess at this point your saying I can't do this in File Browser?

Anyway, yes, dragging works (even with this other file manager) anbd once I do that the start page shortcuts use the UND path.

But it is a pain. Any chance you can do this in File Browser? (I mean by update the code of course.) Just a thought, thanks.

Thanks-c
cking2

File Browser

Post by cking2 »

Wow, now where is that edit button. :) Sorry for all the typos above.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

File Browser

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The file browser should resolve shortcuts even if they go to UNC, I am not sure what's wrong but I will find out.

BTW, there is an edit function for posts :-)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.