Primal SQL New Database Connection on Windows 7

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ericm0312

Post by ericm0312 »

I'm currently test the Primal SQL 2011 for use within my company, and when I try to connect to a "New" SQL database, I get an error. This only happens on Windows 7 machines, as it tested perfectly for Windows XP.

1. What exact version and build number of PrimalSQL you have

Version 2.0.8
2. What operating system you are running.

Windows 7 Enterpris 64-bit SP1
3. What specific language this concerns, if applicable.

N/A
4. Specific Error:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Again, I do not get this error on Windows XP. I've tried two different Win7 machines; one with admin rights, the other with standard user rights, as well as different SQL databases, with the same result.
Thanks!!Eric Myers
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Please download and install the latest build (v2.0.10). If that does not resolve the issue, please let us know. Thank you, David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ericm0312

Post by ericm0312 »

David,

Unfortunately, I encountered the same result with the v2.0.10 release. As a side note, I'm working with one of the guys on the build team to get hold of a 32-bit Win7 build to see if the problem is 64/32-bit related. However, the majority of our windows 7 builds are going to be 64-bit, so if you guys could look into the issue from the Sapien end, that would be good as well. Also, the SQL database I'm connecting to is a SQL Server 2008 database, but I don't think that's relevant since it works fine with Windows XP connecting to the same database.
ericm0312

Post by ericm0312 »

I just tested it out on a Windows7 32-bit build (exact same build model except for 32-bit vs. 64-bit platform), and it worked as expected. Judging by that, it appears there's a problem with the Primal SQL and 64-bit Win7??

Thanks!!

Eric
davidc

Post by davidc »

I unable to recreate the error on our Win7 x64 machines. Can you please list each step you take to reproduce the error message?Thank you, David
David
ericm0312

Post by ericm0312 »

When I launch PrimalSQL 2011, I click on "New Connection". When the "Database Connection" Window appears, I type in my Database server with "Windows Authentication", and click the "Test Connection" button. Instead of coming back with the "Connection Successful!" text box, I get a text box with the error outlined above. When I follow the exact same steps on a WinXP or Win7 32-bit system, I get the "Connection Successful!" text box.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Can you check the .NET Runtimes you have installed? Be sure you have the latest service packs installed.I'm going to send you a modified version of PrimalSQL so that we can find the culprit. If the error message has a Details button, please paste any additional information it supplies. Thank you, David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

FYI, I sent the test version using the email you supplied in your profile. David
David
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.