Powershell cannot be instantiated

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

I've got a very simple powershell form that runs within PrimalForm 2009. When I package it though it throws the errror "powershell cannot be instantiated". I am adding quest.activeroles.admanagement and I'm not sure if I need to do something special for that.Any ideas?David
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Where ever you run the packaged exe, it must have PowerShellv2 installed. Are you running the packaged exe on the same machine you have PrimalForms 2009 installed? As for snapins you just have to make sure they are installed on the target machine. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

I'm running the executable from the same machine that I'm coding on.
davidc

Post by davidc »

What version of PrimalForms 2009 do you have installed and what OS are you running? Also include the version of PowerShell you have installed. David
davidc2011-11-21 12:53:59
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Also please list the settings you are using to create the Packager: 32Bit or 64Bit etc. David
David
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

PrimalForms 2009 v1.1.17.0Windows Server 2008 R2 StandardPowershellMajor Minor Build Revision----- ----- ----- --------2 0 -1 -1Platform: WIN32 WindowsI've tried Run in STA Mode also
davidc

Post by davidc »

Try creating the Packager in 64Bit and see if it makes any difference. David
David
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

Done, same error.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Zip the form file and the packaged exe to support@sapien.com and we will take a look at it. I also recommend testing the packager on another machine that has PowerShell v2 installed. David
David
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

David, I packaged the form on my production computer with the same results. Tried this that and other things and found out that if I remove the "Impersonate specified user" setting it would then run.Any thoughts?
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.