Column widths in Results window

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
edpatterson

Post by edpatterson »

Is there a way to have the column size automatically adjust to fit the data queried? It seems silly to have to resize the columns for every column.BTW is it possible to vote no a thousand times for the ribbon interface? Ribbon interfaces was enough to make me drop back to Office 2003 and seriously consider Open Office.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Aside form the columns issue, what is so appalling about the Ribbon interface? Please do go into detail, we'd like to hear it.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
edpatterson

Post by edpatterson »

Well, the column issue is why I posted the question. The ribbon thing deserves board of it's own.For now I have once again dropped back to Primal SQL 2009 which at least divides the available space equally. I mean really, who uses a query building tool to see only parts of each column? If that is what they want then they/we could just do a select count(*) for query.
Alexander Riedel

You can email your opinion about ribbons to support@sapien.com if you like that better. Otherwise feel free to start a new thread.
We are currently discussing the column issue. My understanding is that the columns auto-size based on the initially visible columns.
Alexander Riedel
edpatterson

Post by edpatterson »

I'll send an email. I'm afraid posting about ribbons and their perceived value might start a holy war.I'll put together a reproducible scenario to illustrate what I am talking about with the column thing.
Alexander Riedel

Alright, looking forward to your email. We are working on some changes to the column sizing. Hang on until the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.