script studio crashing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

script studio 2012 is crashing while working on exchange script. There are few functions on this script and while adding a function program is crashing while assisting in finding command. for example. while typing, format-
the program hangs and close with an generic windows 7 error. here is the error in windows event viewer that i get after the crash.

Faulting application name: PowerShell Studio.exe, version: 3.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4f96d930
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x1a30
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd270f7ac6bc70
Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)SAPIEN Technologies, IncPowerShell Studio 2012PowerShell Studio.exe
Faulting module path: C:WindowsSysWOW64ntdll.dll
Report Id: b9b9ea3a-9303-11e1-8284-782bcbab81ed

I can write the script in notepad and bring it to script studio without any issue. It only crashes while writing the code in studio.

My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Thanks
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

script studio crashing

Post by davidc »

I moved this post to the correct forum. It looks like you are encountering the same help system crash that a few others have reported.I emailed you a dll. Please replace the existing dll with the version I sent you and let us know if it makes a difference.David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

did you send it as attachment? it may get blocked. can you send it as link?
tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

got the file. replaced it and tried it. still crashing. do i need to register that new dll?
davidc

script studio crashing

Post by davidc »

No registration required. While we try to track down this bug, please use the external help. Go to Options->PowerShell and check the "Use External Help" checkbox. Hopefully this should prevent the crashes while scripting. If it continues to crash dispite the settings change, please let us know. David
David
tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

same thing. still crashing
davidc

script studio crashing

Post by davidc »

Please restart the app and ensure the option is checked. If it continues to crash please send me a step by step of what you are doing in order to recreate the issue.David
David
tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

tonysingh

script studio crashing

Post by tonysingh »

not sure if that link works. if it doesn't. try this link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76738540/Proble ... 0_1928.mht
davidc

script studio crashing

Post by davidc »

Can you email me the form file you are using? Also before the crash you are pressing Tab? David
David
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.