Problem w/ Shell Extension

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jmuirhead

Post by jmuirhead »

Hi,

I have my brand new PowerShell Studio software installed on both a workstation and laptop w/ great success. Love the product!

However, there is one bothersome issue that is consistent on both the workstation and laptop. Whenever I right-click a PS1 file and left-click "Edit in PrimalForms" (why this still exists when I have upgraded to PowerShell Studio is the first question), right-click "Open With" and choose "PowerShell Studio 2012", -or- double-click said PS1 files w/ PS Studio owning the default file association, I always get an install dialogue that prompts me and attempts to locate the original installer and path to that installer.

Could it be two different applications fighting over the default association of PS1 files?

Another thought I'd had was maybe I'd made a mistake in installing only the "typical" or "minimal" product install option, so PS Studio is looking for something I unknowingly chose not to install?

Confirmation?

And is there an easy way to get rid of the old "Edit with PrimalForms" shell extension that remains on my computers?

Thanks,

John
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thanks we didn't catch that. This is an installer issue and it will be resolved in the next service release. When you update to the next version it will automatically remove this association and correct it.David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jmuirhead

Post by jmuirhead »

Ok, just to clarify this in my head then, the next service release fixes both the remaining "Edit with PrimalForms" shell extension issue AND the MUCH more annoying installer launching when i open PowerShell Studio via the methods i described?
davidc

Post by davidc »

I'm not sure but they could potentially be related. We will try to run some tests on our end to see if we can recreate it. David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

What OS are you using? David
David
jmuirhead

Post by jmuirhead »

Windows 7
jmuirhead

Post by jmuirhead »

Hi. Any news on this yet?

And were you able to sleuth out and/or re-create the installer request problem I described?
davidc

Post by davidc »

We are unable to recreate the installer launching issue. We will have a service release fairly soon and it should hopefully resolve the issue. David
David
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.