How to Turn Off Auto-Help?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pringtef

Post by pringtef »

Software : Primal Studio V3.0.4OS : Windows 7 SP1 x64Powershell Version : V2I'm trying to find a way to switch off the auto-help function which comes up with any commands that i use, it's annoying for it to appear every time, and also appears to slow down the system.

pringtef2012-06-07 01:22:19
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Check the following option:Options->PowerShell->Use External Help That will disable the internal cmdlet help David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Question: Does it slow down only for the first command or for every command that is displayed there after? David
David
pringtef

Post by pringtef »

Hi David,It's definitely slow at the start, and is then a bit faster, though the main issue i've found is the window popping up every time which i find a bit annoying. I've selected the checkbox and it's working great now. I hadnt tried that option as i thought it meant it was going to use the web instead for getting help.cheers,Tim

pringtef2012-06-07 12:36:23
davidc

Post by davidc »

The option uses the Document Explorer instead of the internal window to display the help when you press F1 on a cmdlet or use the help context menu option in the PowerShell Pane. David
David
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.