Dismount Drive

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
alexus56

Dismount Drive

Post by alexus56 »

Hello,

Is it possible to write a script that can safely remove, dismount and remount a usb drive.

I have a backup machine the had to be put into production due to failure of machine. The problem I have is the newer machine is xp which had plug n play and this one is a 2000. I am using a sandisk 12 in 1 to program several hundred cards. I now have to remove and plug back in each time i need a card and being situated where it is I cannot plug and unplug very eaisly
I know some will say just get xp but I cannot risk that at the moment. Just looking to make it easier than having to plug unplug.

If I have posted to wrong area please advise. Just looking for some place to start and was told just use a script.

thanks
jhicks

Dismount Drive

Post by jhicks »

Can't you just get a longer USB cable so the device sits on your desk?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Dismount Drive

Post by jvierra »

I think RSM works in W2K.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 90993.aspx

It is a direct harware command interface that talks to the RSM drivers. It can eject and mount almost anything.

Removable Storage Management
Removable Storage Management (RSM) is a standard interface in the Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems for accessing removable media, especially removable media in automated devices such as changers, jukeboxes and libraries. It was designed to simplify access to libraries of media in both standalone drives and in these automated devices.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/rsm.mspx
jvierra2010-09-14 15:29:12
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.