UNC path exe open

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
srl2cool

UNC path exe open

Post by srl2cool »

HelloI am trying to write a script that will open up an exe file in a unc path.I have tried many things to try and get it work as seen in the screenshot below.This script will be run on logon for win xp and win 7 machines.
srl2cool

UNC path exe open

Post by srl2cool »

HelloI am trying to write a script that will open up an exe file in a unc path.I have tried many things to try and get it work as seen in the screenshot below.This script will be run on logon for win xp and win 7 machines.
srl2cool

UNC path exe open

Post by srl2cool »

Almost forgot I checked NTFS and share permissions and they are both full control.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

UNC path exe open

Post by jvierra »

Yuo need to quote teh path because it has spaces and other illegal characters in it. Using [] can create issues in some instances.

Share permissions should be set to only 'read' or the executables can be altered by viruses and trojans.

On a share 'read' is 'read and execute'
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

UNC path exe open

Post by jvierra »

I found out it it needed quotations.

I think someone posted that here about two weeks ago. Youy must have been asleep for that one.

This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.